If you are seeing the error ‘Cannot execute a data definition language command on (). The SQL database has issued an error’, this is how you can resolve it.
Step 1 – Synchronize the SQL database
- Navigate to Administration module -> Periodic -> ‘SQL Administration’
Select the table and click table actions check/synchronise
- Sometimes you will not be able to determine which tables are causing the error so just do this for all
- Click ‘Start’ with the default options.
Step 2 – Step 1 with ‘Remove unknown indexes’ in the check/synchronise step
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from step 1
Step 3 – Check the Event Viewer (SQL and AOS box)
- This should give you a good indication on where to go for the issue going forward as there could be index violations.
DAX Dude: AX Error: Cannot execute a data definition language command on (). The SQL database has issued an error